Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Last minute things

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k20, Jun 19, 2002.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ok, in the next 2 weeks ill be priming and painting the bottom of my dash. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Ok, 2 last minute things, how do u remove the arm to the brake release, and how do you remove the headlight switch on the dash? Ok, got the dash sanded, stuff you rub the dash with bought, primer bought, paint bought, clear bought, anything i might be forgetting? Thanks as always.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Headlight switch is fairly easy, on one side of it, behind the dash, is a small "button". Push that button in and pull on the knob like you are turning the lights on. If it doesn't come out, pull the knob out first, then press button and pull all the way out. Can't remember which it is anymore. After that, the black plastic piece on the cab side of the dash unthreads like a nut, and the switch comes out from under the dash.

I don't know as the brake release arm is seperate...I *think* its riveted to the bracket, meaning the whole bracket has to come out. Amazingly, never had to remove one so not positive how it comes all the way out.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

thanks, ill try the headlight knob tomorow morning, and become a contortionist and figure out the brake thing if i can get up under that dash /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif