Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Last night was not my night!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazinaire, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Well it started with me trying to adjust the idle on my TBI. I figured out what controls it, and adjusted it down where it needed to be. As soon as I plugged the 4 wires back into the IAC the idle came right back up to 1400RPM /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . Well I decided to leave it alone untill I got some more info on the subject. My friends and I decided to go have a campfire near one of our local trails, which is about 20 miles outside of town. On our way out we stopped by a friends house to grab some wood, and when we were leaving a cat decided to commit suicide under my 35''s /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif, MEEO-OWCH! So we went and had our fire and started back home, and about 2 miles off the trail yet again natural selection did its thing. This time it was a deer at 40 mph /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . Well I went into a full skid trying to stop but it was too late, so when the vehicle stopped I jumped out to see if it was dead.... Not quite. Right then my buddy pulled up and told me to go get her dad and to bring his gun. We hauled ass to get him and had to pound on the door (it was 1:00 am) but by the time he got back the deer had died. On the way back into town the truck started to stutter and then the check engine light came on and the truck died! No power steering or brakes on a windy road at 65mph isn't fun /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . As we coasted (in gear) the truck restarted and away we went. I got back into town and stopped at a gas station to see that there was no damage to the blazer (I thought), untill my girlfriend tried to climb out and just about ate it. The deer had hit my Carr hoop step so hard that it ripped off and stuck in the animal, that is ultimately what killed it. I had never killed anything larger than a snail before and now 2 in one night! WTF /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif ! I guess that the alternator bearing going out sounds like those animals mating calls or something. Well at least we will have some good BBQ soon /forums/images/icons/wink.gif !

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

dang, sounds fun!

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Cool /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ! That might be just what I need /forums/images/icons/wink.gif .