Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Last Post for me about a DD I hope!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Jun 30, 2003.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I think /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif i might have the best deal on a DD tow rig. it is a 94 3/4 ton Sub /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif with 454, 9 seats, CD player, tow package, tow tone, 92k, owned by a person that has a 2003 Saquoya (toy), 2002 Tahoa, and 99 Vet, well maintained, one owner, not used to tow much, his dad that live 2 houses away has a 1 ton Powerstroke /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif that he would tow with when needed. nice paint, good inside, ABS, newer tires, new brakes, all new fluids last fall. and 3000 miles last year. price is $7K

any thing to look out for????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

brett

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Damn, that sounds good. One thing I like too do when shopping for a used vechile is ask the owner if he/she would mind if I took the vechile too a mechanic for a inspection. If they don't want that, it's usely means they're hidding something, if they alowe it, it's a good idea too get it checked out befor you spend thousands on it. Better too spend a few buck too find out that there's nothing wrong, then too buy it and then find out it's going too cost quite alote too fix whatever.

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good deal. Sounds like the guy had to the money to maintain it properly! The only drawback I see - too bad it's not a vortec motor...

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

personally I feel that suburbans are alternater eating pieces of crap with starters and transmissions that do a better job as a paper weight. Our suburban is a 99 and was babied untill recently "I drive it now "

So far.....

replaced tranny
    2 starters
    6 alternaters
    2 different motors for the power seats
    2 window motors
    1 door lock motor
    over head light shorted out from exsposed wire
    e-brake cable came off ...wtf!
    and the motor has been rebuilt!

it's a freaking 99 for cryin out loud! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Our nieghbor has had a list just like this for his 98, and our Uncle has too, the price seems very resonable for you I just feel that they arn't what they shoud be in the quality department.

That said.......want to buy ours it is a 99' 3/4 ton 454 with leather, two tone paint andred with grey interior @ $20,000.00

Here is a pic /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[​IMG]

On a personal not however I do love them for towing, just not as a daily driver, my unckle uses his maby 5-10 times a year and it only has 14,000 miles on his and he has still had all the problems. Kind of makes you wonder if the guy incharge of quality control was busy that day...or week ..or month..or year/years/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif