Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

last sundays wheeling adventure

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1BAD88, Feb 24, 2002.

1. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

Just about every weekend my buddys and I go wheeling in a place called nepaug satns kingdom it is a mix of rough trails and powerlines well we were doing our normal riutine when we found a new unexplored trail so we drove up this narrow trail and came to a sand hill about 150-200 feet high .So I got out and walked it first to see what was on top and it was flat and roomy enough for us to turn around so I walked back down and we drove up it I went first in my 88 k-5 and barely made it up cause it was real loose sand but I matted it and luckily I made it so I got out and called down go and my buddy in his freshly painted 72 blazer starts to climb it about 3/4's up his front left tire caught a huge rock that was hidden under the sand that sent the front of his truck sideways and I said **ck thats it hes rolling it and sure as [censored] it started sliding down and the right wheel dug in and sent him rolling down sideways 7 complete rotations there was [censored] everywhere when the truck came to a stop on its side at the bottom I ran down to see if they were ok luckily they had there belts on and they were not hurt so I climbed back up and drove down and strapped his truck and pulled it back on 4 wheels after about 5 minutes it started back up and he backed up and freakin matted it and climbed that hill doing about 35-40 when he got to the top the truck was airborn about 4 feet it was an awesome sight to see but he made it ..his truck suffered a cracked top and dented quarters and fenders but that old chevy drove itself out the woods battered and bruised but not broken.gotta love old chevys ..................

1988 k-5 blazer 5.7

2. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

No pics??? Why didnt you call me? [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/custar/index.html>My truck</a>