Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

last time before i order

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, May 30, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Okay i am going to get the lift but before i do lets see if i got it right. I am going with the rough country kit with rear blocks for now (ive debated for some time and think it will be good for now) Anyone object to rough country? also do i need a steering arm with 4 inch? i would hope a kit would come with if it did, but i havent asked them yet. I am looking for 33s, i see lots of great deals in the for sale but shipping is just too much unless someone here can help or know a better way. With all the engine and interior work ive done in the last year the a phase will be compleate with the lift.
    ps i have grown to know the idea of compleation in a k5 is imposible so now they are jus phases.
    thanks for your help people

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

ROCKO IS SELLING WHAT YOU WANT. NO NEED FOR BLOCKS. LOOK IN THE FOR SELL SECTION.

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

geese ive been browsing the forsale for a while. how did i miss thatl. sometimes. thanks man.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Also if you go new, 4WPW is offering free shipping until the 7th or so...

5. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

yeah, i think the rough country kits are a good deal for someone looking at inexpensive kits. the 4" kit does come with steering arm AND shocks. cant beat that for $295
    i had their kit on my old ranger and it fit good and was very durable

keith

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Looks like you already are getting what you need, but, yes... you should get a steering arm for a 4" lift. If not, you will have a booger of a time keeping it straight and you will have some real problems when offroad.

I have been fairly happy with my RC 4" lift. Since it comes with steeringarm, shocks and all, only thing i had to get was extended brake lines (didn't wanna use their relocation brackets).

Best of luck!