Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Last trip of the year **PICS**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Oct 24, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Went to Lake Powell this weekend for the last boat trip of the year, my first time to see it, or at least see the small amount I was able to.

Campsite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the walls (the white stripe is the normal lake level, it's 80-100 feet low right now, but still over 240 ft deep):

[​IMG]

A little side canyon we explored (Lost Eden Canyon):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got a bunch more pics but that's all I have time for now. I will definitely be going back next year, I went a total of 75 miles in my boat and barely explored 2 bays and 2 canyons, maybe 1/10th of the lake.

I was so busy rubbernecking I didn't even take out my fishing gear. :doah: (and Sun. I was too hungover anyway :rolleyes: )

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That looks great. I've wanted to get up there for years.

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

What's the engine/outdrive combo of your boat, and how fast can it go? Friend of dad's used to own a 19ft Chris Craft with a 302 Furd/OMC Cobra outdrive that could do 60+. Unfortunately, he sold it last year (needed the money) :( .

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Dude, that's awesome! Unbelievable how high the water usually is... :eek1:

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

It's a Maxum 19ft. Cuddy, Mercruiser 5.0 Fuel Injected/Alpha One outdrive, supposedly 260HP. It's geared and propped for high altitude so I probably could have gotten better speed with a different pitch but 52MPH was the best I got this weekend. Powell is about 4-5K feet lower than my normal lakes. You can get alot more speed at sea level anyway, Powell is still 3500+/-.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I know, I still hit several 300ft deep spots and they say farther down the lake there are some 500-600.

The water being low definitely cuts down on the narrow canyon exploration, you can see by the waterline some areas that you could creep way back into.

7. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I've been to Powell... Great spot. I went there and rented two house boats and a few jetskis. Troll to a new spot in the morning, explore on the jetskis, camp out at night. Great times...

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, those are awesome pics. That's looks like it was a great weekend, I can't believe how nice the area is and how awesome that lake looks.