Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Last year for full size Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 350k5, Aug 18, 2005.

1. 350k5

350k5 1/2 ton status

I had a quick question... Does anyone happen to know what was the last year for the production of the full size Blazer. I know that 1991 was the final year for the old stlye, but I was curuious as to what year production was stopped alltogether on the full size Blazers. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

2. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

3. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

91 was the end of the convertable blazers but the 2 door tahoe was called a blazer by many people but the production line name was the tahoe and the baby blazer now just got the blazer name...so all the REAL blazers (convertable) died out in '91

4. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

well, the 2 door "tahoe" was called Blazer by the factory until 1995, when they changed the name to Tahoe. You don't see mnay of them though. I've only seen 2 around here.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, I've definitely seen early 90s Chebbys that had the name Blazer on them, didn't have removable tops and didn't say "tahoe" anywhere on them. Other than the fact that the top doesn't come off, I really like the body style of those rigs. Naturally, the IFS would have to go...

j

6. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I like the 2 door IFS variety also. I think it'd make an excellent family weekend warrior rig (with an axle swap). The interior is so much more family friendly.

I was once told that you could get the SFA K5 somewhere into the mid 90s in Central and South America but I don't know if I believe 'em.

7. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

you see them quite often here in LA. Calif.

8. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

The k5 blazer ended in 91 (SFA, removeable top).

92-94 was the 2 door Blazer

95-99 was the 2 door Tahoe, same truck as blazer, cept new interior in 95 and vortec power in 96

9. buffy

buffy Newbie

I owned one of the first IFS 1992 Blazer Sports off the line. Great little truck, but the engine wouldn't stay cool after a couple of years. It was a looker.

10. wazzabie

wazzabie 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It is amazing that the k5 had such a great/long run with out much changes considering the recent changes in trucks. 73-91

11. 350k5

350k5 1/2 ton status

Personally I would really like to see Chevy bring back an SUV like the Blazer, that would be a good DD. It's a nice full size truck, but not too big. Maybe theres something down the line.

12. wazzabie

wazzabie 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I liked the newer blazer post 91 but it was not a convertable and they did not make it very long.

13. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

Accutally, there was a concept car about a year ago called the k5 I don't know if there still gonna produce it or not.

Heres a picture
    [​IMG]
    I think it's nice

14. 350k5

350k5 1/2 ton status

Eh, that doesn't look bad but I personaly don't think that it lives up to the previous K5. I would expect it to look a lot meaner, put big V8 in there with the same type of removeable top. Chevy should get on that. :dunno:

15. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

It does have a removable top and a 440 horsepower V8 - more power then a k5 stock

16. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i dont like how the rear is leaned back like the full convertable broncos. i think that part is ugly. if it went straight down and was a little boxier it would look so much better.

17. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I think you can be pretty sure that they are not going to produce that since the concept is at least 2 years old (maybe more), and that body style is dead after '06.

18. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

To me at first glance, that thing looks too much like a big Samurai or something similar. I agree that is needs to be "boxy" looking. Ford is showing signs of bringing back the small bronco. Maybe chevy will do the same with the K5. I have to say though (and i'm repeating myself) but the new trucks just don't seem to have the same appeal as my old '90 K5. The new ones just seem so trendy and "stamped" out. Nothing like seeing a banker driving around in a 3/4 ton diesel that has never been offroad, hauled, or pulled anything. That just makes me not want one. I just love my old truck and with 256,000 miles it's still going strong. In fact, now it has gotten to the age that people look at it and really like it. I get LOTS of compliments as well as offers to buy it all the time.