Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

last year of the full Convertible?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Aug 19, 2005.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

curious to find out the last year of the K5's w/ a full Convertible top... i ask because i have ran across an amazing deal. this guys is selling this K5, full removeable top, kinda beat up (body wise) but its got a brand new crate 350 v8, less then 500 miles, new auto tranny, 205 t-case, and dare i say... a 60 front! w/ ff 14 rear! omg!! :bow: the dude is asking $3k for it.. think thats a good deal??

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

'75 was the last year, although they're pretty easy to convert IMO. I did it to my '81.

$3K sounds like a good deal for that.

Rene

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Sounds like a fellow wheeler. Do you know his name? I know a few Tucson wheelers. PM me if you don't want to put it up here.

4. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

not sure of his name, the k5 is on the side of the road at some guys house. i talked to the owner of the house (some older guy) said it was a friend of his. :confused:

5. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

1975 was last year for full top and it was an option so you can have a 75 with full top or a 75 with a half top....what got me rolling on the floor laughing was that my '69 model the top was an option imagine that you could order a blazer without the top completly...the coloradok5 home page has a article on how to convert to a full top its just a pain to find a top to fit it and on 1 post on here i saw where sum1 was giving 1 away!