Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

late 70's 6.2L diesel Q

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Mar 14, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

late 70\'s 6.2L diesel Q

ran across a late 70's burban with 6.2L in it, its got cast aluminum cross runner setup on intake, what would be any typical reason(s)/cause(s) for engine not restarting ? soem kind of pump bad, or ?

where can i go to learn a bunch about how fuel and ignition works on GM diesels ?

thanks

2. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

Re: late 70\'s 6.2L diesel Q

you should try posting in the diesel forum. the injector pumps go bad every so often and are a pain to change. make sure your glow plugs are in good shape too. im no expert but there are a lot of really wise people that hang out in the diesel fourum. also, i dont mean to nit-pick, but i think the first year the used the 6.2l was 1980?

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

First year for the 6.2 was 82 or 83 ( I don't have my Haynes in front of me...)

I agree this will get more detailed response and diagnostics in the diesel forum. There are a few things that will cause a no start on a 6.2...

Rene

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wait! My 1978 has a 6.5 Turbo diesel in it and a 4L80E with a NP205 - it came from the factory that way (hehe), I swear.

5. tRustyK5

The factory behind your house?/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

6. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

'82 was first year for the 6.2L.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats wierd, this one is a pre-81 and the emissions label even lists 6.2L right on upper right hand coerner of the label on rad support, hmm.... it even has hydrooboost and four core radiator and all, must be a one-off rare truck, odd...

i didnt even notice there was a diesel board on this forum, i dont know diesel at all, hmm.. i think im just gonna avoid this truck and let him tear it up like he has already started doing, there goes waste of another good burban, i was gonna get it and repair whatever was keeping it from running and use the truck, heh, oh well...

thanks

8. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Someone must have swapped engine+other stuff.I have '80 model blazer that has 6.2,swapped it a year ago.Next I'm gonna change front sheetmetal to '84 model /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. tRustyK5

Why let it go to waste? No start on a 6.2 isn't that hard to figure out...

As for the rad support and all that jazz my Jimmy looks totally factory too but I swapped 90% of the related parts with the motor. The only real clue is my fuel filters, but so many 6.2 trucks have aftermarket filter set-ups anyways.

Rene

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what should i do, let truck go to scrap in the AM?

found out it is 82 or 83 i thought it was old style for some reason, hmm.. and i just forgot if it has turn sigs in bumper or not, hmm.. so i stand corrected.

update: posted in parts and trucks for sale board, til in the AM anyways, am just trying to save a good chevy from total waste