Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Late 70s dodge dana 60 ques

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sapper, Jun 9, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got a line today on a 60 for a smoking price but it came out of a 79-81 dodge. I have heard that they will work with some help but i dont know what "help" they need, also anyone have a idea of what the WMS to WMS is and how close it is to ours?? TIA

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The WMS is slightly narrower than a GM. A dodge front is almost a perfect match for a GM rear. I have a dodge 60 front in mine. The biggest hurdle is the springs. Re-weld the pads on the rear, and get some conversioin bushings from az-kickin for the front. I made my own set up using normal bushings and special spacers in front shackles and trimming the frontmosts bushing. It is real simple to do that way too. As for the rears, I know they are a little more narrow (too narrow for a full body k5 w/o heavy offset rims IMO) than a stock GM rear. The brakes are a bolt in affair, but the yokes are a dodge version so you can get a conversion joint or a GM yoke (1350 = $50 new)

I think that sums up most of what I have learned.

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

thanks, i have 14ff in back so thats staying i am only dealing with the front and if its that easy then im going to get it /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif