Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Late Fees

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DUKE, Feb 16, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I thought i would share this nonsence with you. We had rented american pie a while ago. It was late a few days. I got this bill in mail. 145 DOLLARS! THEY WANT ME to PAY them 145 dollars in late fees. I am never renting at Block Buster again. Geese

DUKE
    Why go around when you can go over?
    <a target="_blank" href=http://student.fortlewis.edu/~rdgebhardt/>http://student.fortlewis.edu/~rdgebhardt/</a>
    85 K5 <font color=blue>Big Blue</font color=blue>

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

$145?!?!?!?!?! That's a long couple days!!!

We swore off blockbuster a while ago because of thier late fees, and now only go there for movies we don't want to wait to buy. They're new "return by 12noon" scam is anotehr reason not to rent (false sense of extra time for the lazy, lulls you into geting it back even later...). After late fees and everything else, you might as well just buy the movie you want to see.

Anybody ever hear of the place you can rent online from? They mail you the movies and you keep them as long as you want, but can on;y have 2 out at a time. I keep meaning to try it but always forget about them...

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LOL @ $145 for a $18.99 movie.

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Must be something about them.... I got told I had a late fee for some Mary Kate &amp; Ashley Olsen video... WTF... yeah I rented it alright for my friends daughter was 7 at the time.... she's 10 now and they just send me a late fee 3 years later? Yeah they are way on top of things...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I used to be a manager of a local video store. Customers would always come in saying things like "Oh no, not me, I would NEVER go to Blockbuster. They charge huge late fees right onto your credit card when you're late" You guys are the best, you are so knowledgeable about film, so helpful and try to call us at home to remind us about late fees" So we try to be the nice guys and keep prices low, give people breaks on fees etc..The only thing is we couldn't stock a zillion copies of the New releases because Ballbuster got there's for 5.00 each and we were still paying 80.00 each. As soon as customers saw we didn't have the brand spankin' new movie of the moment in, it's down the road they went!(so much for loyalty) The small Mom and Pops were in the process of trying to go to court to make the buying price the same for all video stores, but because Ballbuster can afford to buy 100 copies of each, I'll doubt it will change. Needless to say, the store I managed is now out of business as well as the other Mom and Pop store.[​IMG]
    If there is a local video store that you like, try to give them some slack. They wish they could accomodate you and have 50 copies of Rush Hour 2, but if they get one copy to B.Buster's 20 it kind of makes it hard to. The thing is, we were a cool video store with an awesome Cult section and off the beaten path films. Try to get a copy of Clash of the Titans, Koyanisquatsi or Caligula at Ballbusters, it's not gonna happen.[​IMG]

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

It's never too late to have a happy childhood[​IMG]

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.Netflix.com>www.Netflix.com</a> online movie rentals.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You're a freakin psychic! I was just thinking about this thread and how we rented a video thursday night (of course had a late fee from like 3 months ago the last time we rented), it was due back saturday afternoon, we went away friday night to sunday and forgot we had the rental, and it's still sitting on top on my entertainment center waiting to go back.

Ratch
    CK5 album &lt;-- New Wheelin' pics!
    This is not a new signature.

8. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

I tried out the netflix mail order when I bought my DVD, it had a coupon for 10 free within 1 month. They charge 20 bux + tax for 3 at a time and when ya mail one or all back, you can order 3 more, or you can upgrade for a higher price and have more movies so the turnaround is faster. It was ok, since I set mine up on line, just made all my 10 selections and they sent them out by order and if one was out of stock, they sent the next one, after I return one or two. The online helps keep up with sent date and return date. I did cancel after the month cause I have a Mom's video store just a couple blocks away.

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?
    I want people to know why I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way and
    some of the roads weren't paved.

9. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

20$/month and you can take 3 at a time. (sorry, it looked like it was 20$ for3 videos in your post)Just clarifying.

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I use NetFlix too... I swore never to do block buster again because we had a late fee of $20 which we paid then 3 months later they sent us to a collection agency because they had no record of us paying it the first time. That was soo much BS, we ended up having to pay it again just to get the whole thing dropped.

89 K5 Silverado, 4", 33's, 3/4 ton axles
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com>http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com</a>

11. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for catching that... [​IMG]

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?
    I want people to know why I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way and
    some of the roads weren't paved.

12. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

LMAO... I use to use block buster all the time... so much they gave me one of there first gold card rewards card... All i know is when i went in with it they jumped to attention pretty quick when i tapped it on the counter... Also when ever i had late fee's (almost all the time) they would just look at me... then at my gold card and then cut the late fees to about 1/4 of what i owed... But now i prefer to just go to the local mom and pop video store even though blockbuster is closer... but i love the service and just being able to B.S. with them when i walk in...Oh yea.. they also rent out computer video games also...which is kewl...

Also i still get advertisements from block buster, hell they even sent me new gold cards... but i wont ever go back again..

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

13. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Sometimes you can talk the counter people down on the fines...I've done it a few times. BTW, Blockbuster is getting sued for this. My godfather is one of the lawyers against Blockbuster...don't know how its going though...I did apply for a job there a few days ago [​IMG]

90K5

14. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

for some reason the people who lived in my townhouse before me decided not to return a movie...
    no biggie, blockbuster would call every so often asking why i didnt feel like i had to return their movies...
    everytime i'd tell them they had the wrong person..
    no big deal till they started calling everyday.
    after two months of constant messages on my machine i finally said, uh, yeah, just put the late fee on my credit card...
    they stopped calling
    i'd really like to know how much that poor sob finally got charged....