Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Late model mirrors...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rjfguitar, Mar 26, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Where can I find a pair of the late model black plastic mirrors that were on the late model K5's(89'-91')? I see some had them and some didn't so what did you have to order from the factory to get them? I would like to get a pair of them and replace my stainless mirrors when I paint my blazer. Pics of blazers with the black plastic style mirros would be cool too. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Thanks

2. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I've also been looking for those mirrors but dont know where to get them. I think i might go check out the local GM dealer and see what they cost.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I bet they aren't cheap considering they are power. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I bet they aren't cheap considering they are power. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    What is the deal on that? I have heared that they are power but what is powered in them? They look like the same mirrors basically on my dad's 98' burb and they aren't power, I don't think. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I think that style of a mirror would look better on my blazer with black cherry paint than the old stainless ones. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The mirrors are full electric, switch for adjusting every which way for both mirrors.

6. rjfguitar

Interesting...I don't think my dads are like that.

But I need to know where to get them used or new(besides GM) and if someone has a pair in good shape that they don't need, I would be happy to purchase them. Pics are still appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler

they cme on 90-91 blazer, suburban, jimmy. you can score in junk yards if you are lucky for $150 for the pair with all the wiring. I got my from the local chevy dealer about 125 each, + the 3 wiring looms required added 150. if you are replacing the old style you will have holes in your doors to fillin. they set higher than the old ones. make sure you get all the support brackets for the doors. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. rjfguitar

Wow, they are expensive! I'm not worried about the holes because I will have them filled in by the body shop when they shave all of my emblems.

9. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler

yes they are but well worth the money to adjust from the driver seat at will without getting out to adjust. real nice when you are pulling a boat. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have a set of these mirrors on my K5. The mirror glass is power adjustable but the main body folds back manually. There is also a black sticker on the inside of the door glass to hide the portion of the mirror that overlaps the glass.

You can see the mirrors in my Webshots Album. If you want more/closer pics let me know and I'll take some more for you (probably Sunday though).

I've been thinking of swapping them onto my crew cab. The thought of busting one in the woods while wheeling is frightening. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a set of these mirrors on my K5. The mirror glass is power adjustable but the main body folds back manually. There is also a black sticker on the inside of the door glass to hide the portion of the mirror that overlaps the glass.

You can see the mirrors in my Webshots Album. If you want more/closer pics let me know and I'll take some more for you (probably Sunday though).

I've been thinking of swapping them onto my crew cab. The thought of busting one in the woods while wheeling is frightening. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You should for shurely put them on your crew cab, they would look really good on it. I wouldn't want those nice mirrors on a wheeler.

12. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Just curious as to why you want the smaller mirrors?

If you just want power mirrors you can get a set of power mirrors off a mid 90's full size van and slightly modify them to work.

13. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

He likes how the look

14. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Use this site Junkyard search you can use it to search most yards in the U.S. for what ever you want. It also has there contact info. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I C, I like the big elephant ears, but I love power mirrors too, so I got the best of both world for me.

16. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

17. rjfguitar

Thanks guys, I have a post in the "wanted" forum and I'm going to search the local yards.

18. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I allready have a set tucked away for the chalt resto...but i just bought a harness a one bracket from a guy parting a 90 k5...his email addy is:

mariee.conroy@comcast.net
    stephen pingel

email him and see how much he wants for the mirrors...

Doug W

19. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I have them and hate them. I pm'ed you about them. I didnt realize they were worth so much. And I thought i got screwed with my jimmy. I thought the po had installed them and to me they dont look natural. If you want them let me know. One mans trash is another mans treasure huh? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree, I think they look horrible. They don't match the lines at all.

Guy I work with has a 91 K5. I thought those were aftermarket. YUCK!!