Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Late model seating

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by IDGMC, Mar 15, 2000.

1. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

Hey i've got a 85 short box and i need a new seat. I want one out of a newer truck. Bench with the fold down console. but i can't find any. Choo Choo customs gets them but never have the color i want. Junk yards around here never have any.....any other ideas...aftermarkes are to expensive i can get a take-out (if i can find one) for about $500. most aftermarkets with consoles are like $700-1000 for a damn seat. I'd rather spend money on mods for performance but my butt would really apricate a new home! plus it would look really cool...

2. Christian Talley

Christian Talley Registered Member

About an hours drive southwest of Chicago, out in
    I am looking for the same thing for my 84 Jimmy. I talked to a friend of mine and he said that I should try looking at places where they do conversions on trucks. You know, swapping out the original interior for new leather or something. He said that these places a lot off times will sell the seats they take out to anyone. If you can find place like this, and a bench seat from a newer or brand new truck, that would probably be your best bet. Let me know if you find one. I have yet to visit any of these places.