Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Late Model Seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by transcore1, Apr 21, 2003.

1. transcore1

transcore1 Registered Member

Has anyone used late model(2000-up) truck or suburban seats w/integrated seat belts? If so how did they fit? I bought the front and rear seats out of a 2003 Chevy Avalanche North Face Limited Edition last week and I want to know what I am going up against. I am going to have to shorten the back seat by about 10 inches but I am wondering if anyone has tried the fronts.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Transcore1
    89' K5

2. transcore1

Nobody had any input on this.........Seats came in today, I ordered them from a yard in Oklahoma. They were easy to install. Had to drill new holes next to the stock mounting holes and run the wires for the power but it was a breeze. What a huge difference!!!!!No more squeaking, ragged out factory buckets. The integrated seatbelts work like a champ.
    The feel is much more solid than the stock seats. It also quieted up the highway ride alot. Most of my mystery squeaks were hiding under my passenger seat! Anyone who is considering this should GO FOR IT. Most of the late truck/suburban/yukon-tahoe(all 2000 and up) use similar seats and apparrently junk yards don't sell alot of them so you can deal. The back seat is a problem. It will need alot of fabrication because it is around 9" too wide. I'll post some pics soon.

Scott
    Transcore Blazer Project

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Cool info. Where are you located (might want to put in profile)
    Thanks
    Mark

4. ZootownK5

ZootownK5 Registered Member

Truck looks great. Any pics of the seats installed?

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Can you take the fabric off the avalance back seat and recover the Blazer back seat with it?

6. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

thats so awesome! i am planning on getting seats from a newer gm truck, so i was wondering about this myself. so u didnt have to make any crazy, fabbed-up brackets to install them? very reassuring /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

what did you have to give for them?

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

What laketex said, and where in Oklahoma?

John

9. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

that my friend is a bitchin ride. good job dude

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

11. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

can we get the story on those bumpers, those things look great!!

12. transcore1

The seats cost me $850 plus freight. The yard was G&R auto parts in OKC. That may sound expensive until you price decent aftermarket seats and then remember you still have the back seats to deal with. And these have seat belts!!!! Make sure you ask if the seat belts are functional. I think they are designed to break internally to absorb a big impact. After a bad wreck they will sometimes no longer retract. I have seen them in cloth for as low as $150 a pair. You just have to look around. Remember mine are Leather/power/heated/limited edition. I didn't mind dropping a grand on them because they would be $3000 in Recaro or something similar. They are extremely comfortable.
    About the bumpers....They were fabbed locally by me and Mild to Wild Fabrication, an awesome fabricator in Jacksonville,Florida who is scared of nothing. I recently saw a 2002 Excursion Power Stroke on 54" Military Michelins with 22" wheels, airbags with NO leaf springs and 5 link custom suspension, 4 independent air compressors for the bags and it was daily drivable!!!!Not my thing but it was pretty cool looking. I've got about $2500 in the bumpers and side protection. I won't call them rock slides because there are no rocks around here!!!!

Scott /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I picked up a pair of seats from a '96-98 ext cab for $300. They are grey leather, drivers side is power both have lumbar. Replacing the aftermarket leather front seats in my suburban. Drilled a couple of new holes for the passenger side and fit good. Drivers will require modification to the factory riser to fit my floor so I can retain the factory power seat track. My other seats have aftermarket power risers. I have 4 buckets so can't help on the back seat, I just pulled the aftermarket 3rd leather seat and installed a factory cloth seat in the back.

14. transcore1

That sounds like a sweet deal. Alot of yards sell seats cheap because they are not an insurance item they can sell to a body shop. I wanted the later seats with the integrated seat belts.

Scott /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Guess I wasn't thinking when I bought the 3rd seat for the sub. I should have looked into a late model leather seat and modified the mounts /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. But the 3rd seat on the older subs just don't have the foot room the newer ones have. Maybe I'll have to section out the floor later /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif.

BTW, thanks for the report on the (really)late model seats. I'll have to keep those in mind for another project.

16. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

That's an awesome way to get shoulder belts for those of us that just have lap belts. Looked at that for my first gen, but the price scared me away. Just too many other areas that could use work before I spend $1000 on seats, but it's on the list. Way cool!