Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Late Model Silverado Seats in a K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZooMad75, Dec 30, 2003.

1. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I ran a search but could not find anything on it and I know there was somebody that posted up about putting a set of Northface Avalanche seats in a K5.

Anyway, my dad just picked up a set of buckets out of a 99 silverado to convert his manual buckets to 6 way power. He just needs the tracks and is going to dump the manual tracks and seats in my garage. From the looks the front to back distance between the attachment bolts is 1" off (new seat is longer). Side to side looks to be close too.

Granted my 75 has buckets from a 'yota 4runner in it now from the PO, but the 3 point integrated seat belts look a lot better safteywise than the lap belts I currently got.
    I'm wondering how anybody else has done this. I'm thinking I'm going to have to find a set of factory seat risers to replace the modified ones for the 4runner seats fdr a fresh start.

Any thoughts?????

2. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I have 99 S10 seats in mine and I used the K5 rails. I had to drill two holes, I think. It has been awhile. Sorry.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I just made some adapters out of flat stock and bolted them to the factory holes. Then bolted the new seat with tracks to the adapter pieces.

Works pretty well.

John