Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Late model truck/SUV salvage

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by aztec777, Apr 2, 2002.

1. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a late model truck/SUV salvage yard or website. 1990 to present would be ideal. Thanks.

Steve

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.car-part.com>www.car-part.com</a> Nation wide search and narrows it down to year, make and model and specific part. Hope that helps...

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Go to the great links page on my site. Here is the link <a target="_blank" href=http://mandydyer.com/GreatLinks.htm>http://mandydyer.com/GreatLinks.htm</a>
    Look over my car links. I beleive I have a salvage yard as well as some REPAIRABLE DEALERS links.

4. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help guys. I may just look into buying one of the repairable SUV's.

Steve

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Great, what kind are you thinking of getting??

6. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

I've got to fix my Yukon first, but I'm looking at a 99+ GM truck with front end damage for a live axle conversion. 1 ton of course. I've done Harleys this way, too.

Steve

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

You converted a Harley to a 1 ton......................AWESOME.....LOL

8. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

Okay. I deserved that. Left it wide open.

To clarify, I've picked up salvage Harleys and fixed them. Made some money at it, too. Thinking about building a 120 inch with a 6 speed. Custom everything. Street Vibrations is coming soon.

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Street Vibrations??? OOH Your in RENO! I grew up there, nowonder that sounded familier. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

SV is getting big. Last year there were something like 18,000 bikes in town. You should come back over and enjoy. It's usually the 3rd weekend in September. When did you grow up here? Where are you now? I noticed on your site that you have a Mach I for sale. I used to run a 73 Mach I at Woodburn in Oregon. Fun times. Picked up a 351 CJ block from the factory and built the hell out of it.

11. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I moved to washington state about 2 years ago. I lived there just about my whole life except for my first 2 years in New Jersey. I do miss it but there was nothing when it came to jobs or good schools unless you played sports. I plan on visiting very soon. It will be nice to get a taste of home again. How has Hot August Nights been? I hear that its not as big as it used to be. A year or so before I moved it had started to slow down becuase of those stupid riots.

12. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

Hey, I moved here from Oregon 2 years ago. How do you like all that rain? HA. You can have it. Hot August nights has been okay. I didn't think it was getting smaller, but I really don't pay attention to the reports all that much. I wonder how Street Vibrations will be this year after the stupid asses in Laughlin kill themselves. I here that weapons checks will now be part of the festivities.