Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Latenight wrenching tip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by atlantak-5er, May 4, 2004.

1. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

Tonight I decided to try and get my Hella lights working(I did thanks to Harry H3). I dont have my truck in a garage so I must work on it in the back yard. Instead of using a flash light to work on hard to see areas, I strapped my camping/caving headlamp on. It freed up my hands and shined up under the dash or wherever I pointed ny head! It saved me some time frustration, and probably a busted knucle or two. I got mine at REI for about $30.00. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif good idea /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif How is it for not falling off your head though? Will it take a few knocks from hitting your head?

3. namkrow

namkrow 1/2 ton status

I bought one a few months back from Target. It was $14 and has three LED lights. Works GREAT and the batteries (3 AAA) last about 100 hours.

I feel like a total geek when it's on my head...but it serves it's purpose very well.
    -T

4. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

um, and how do you feel when its not on your head? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I got one too. It is a 3 LED set up (2 white and one red). I love it but I too feel like a geek with it on. I do everything with mine even take out the garbage. I don't know why I didn't get one sooner.

6. namkrow

namkrow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    um, and how do you feel when its not on your head? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear the Voices, but the foil in my trucker hat takes care of that (as long as there's not a full moon on the 23rd day of the ...) oh....I've said too much

I'm kind of tall (6'9") and wrestling around with the shop light in one hand and the tool in the other tends to get me injured. The headlight is like having a third nipple....I mean....hand.

-T

7. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

They dont fall of. Mine has 3 LCD's, like the other guys above, so it is light weight and doesnt use large batteries. The head band is about an inch thick. You definitley look like a CLOWN /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif with it on but who gives a shide!!!!