Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Later model rear springs for 1st gens

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clubba68, Jul 26, 2004.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Again I can't find the post that I am looking for. I am swapping out the front 4" Rancho springs next week for 6" TC's. I am also doing a 5.5" Echobit shackle flip in the rear with a 1" e-zero rate. I remember (I think it was Greg) talking about swapping later model rear springs in for ours because they are softer than ours. Can't remember if they were early 80's springs that he was talking about or what. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I don't want to have to make any modifications to use them. If someone knows the years that I am talking about with the softer rear springs that will (hopefully) bolt right in let me know.
    Thanks!

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Any late 80's k5 or 1/2 truck will work. 52" long and the newer the better cause Gm added teflon pads betwent he leaves. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I believe the springs that your talking about are the 80's 56" rear springs. And yes you'll have to modify to get them to work. You'll have to unrivot the rear springs hangers and move them back to fit 56" springs.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

If Andrew is gonna go with 56's I have a set in Eugene with the pads.

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

After searching for about 15 mins more I found the post that I was looking for. Here it is. I was looking for Greg72's first post in that thread. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Read that post and tell me what you think Jeff. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. grendel

grendel 1/2 ton status

I swapped in a set og 56" springs into my first gen.

I used the first gen ORD shackle flip, but used the left bracket on the right side and the right side bracket on the left side.

Shackle angle is about perfect.