Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Later style blazer roof question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, May 1, 2006.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Has anyone done a cut out in the shape of a sun roof on the part above where the dirver and passenger sit on the later model blazers? do they sell a kit you can turn it into like a center targa cutout type deal? Like a sun roof but with metal instead of glass that pulls off the top instead of sliding back. or slides back, that would be cool but I'm sure expensive.

2. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good place for a leak to develop to me, but they do make universal moon roofs, most of which you can take the glass out all the way. My sister's blazer had one that popped up in the back, locked, then had two more latches in the front of it that released it altogether

3. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    It does sound like it would leak but meh... It's going to spend msf of its time in 2 feet of mud anyway. I will look for that. If you happen to find a brand of that let me know, it sounds secure. I like the idea of a moon roof with the back top off and still having some protection with the b pillar.

Also anyone know of a good roll bar to put behind the b pillar?