Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lay & Skilling of Enron Convicted

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, May 25, 2006.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

The jury has spoken, Kenneth Lay & Jeffery Skilling are guilty of bringing down Enron and defrauding the company and employees out of millions.

Where do I think they should serve their time?

How about on a southern prison farm being forced to work like slaves in the sweltering sun? I think it's the only punishment befitting for corporate executives who break the law and defraud everybody.

That's all.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I'd be satisfied if they took him to the slaughterhouse and drove a bolt through his head. A lot of good people lost everything they had.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's Bush's fault.........................

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

But that's too quick, and they don't get to suffer like us blue collar guys. Putting them on a prison farm and assigning a whip-wielding slave driver to 'em will serve to remind them what REAL work is.

5. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Don't send them to prison. Just confiscate EVERYTHING they own, or are partners of. Then let them hit the streets and find a job, with the convicted felon tag on them.:mad:

6. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

ah I still think thats too good because they will always have the good ol boy types who will lend a hand. I think they should confiscate everything they have and place them under house arrest in a shack in backwoods Louisiana, haha now that would be punishment for those folks.

Remington

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yup everyone knows Bush is a big oil and gas friend. He will prolly let then off with only 35 years apeice.

This trial makes you wonder....... Those two crooks got away with all their thieving and stealing during the Clinton years. How come Bush has to be the bad guy and put them in jail. I thought he was Big oil's good buddy:dunno:

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Actaully, in large part, it was President Dick Cheney's fault. And for those that do not believe me, I would be more than happy to give a long detailed post on the facts as to why, but for now I will keep it short.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

BS
    It was Clinton who relaxed the laws and gutted the SEC so they could not monitor or enforce laws that regulate how businesses report earnings. Clinton and his thieves in companies like Enron, Global Crossing, MCI, had a great time making tons of money off the little people, smalltime investors and employees, with their shell companies and hiding their money offshore.

BUSH/Cheney are the ones who are prosecuting these crooks and sending them to jail. Its just too bad they cant throw the one man in the slammer that allowed it all to happen. Bill Clinton.

10. 1-ton

I do not have a problem with the first paragraph, but the second one is way off the mark.

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

How is it off the mark? Ever since Bush has been in office His Justice Dpt has agressivly prosicuted CEOs and others who have ripped off stock holders. Clinton and his economic policys utterly Destroyed the cedibilty of the stock market. The NYSE fell over 2000 points the last year of his(clinton's) presidency.
    Bush has brought it back form the ash heap that Clonton left it in. The NYSE is headed for record highs .Bush has made the stock market much safer place to invest in again.

12. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Some close friends of mine worked for Enron. Took stock options as bonuses. They lost everything. The house, the vette, the maid. Now they have 3 kids, another house, a new vette, and a lexus. Go figure.

13. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna be an asshole for saying this but people that "lost everything" when Enron collapsed had it coming. Putting "all your eggs in one basket" is stupid and this just happened to be the best example of that ever presented. Its just a shame people had to learn to diversify investments the hard way.

14. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Werd.............I have quite a bit of family in West Virginia that also learned this the hardway when the steel industry took a dive after Japan flooded the market with cheap steel back in the 80s & early 90s. EDIT, oh yeah dont even get me started on the Clintons.....

Remington

15. 1-ton

Here is the long wordy reason why.

In about July of 2001 Kenneth Lay (Enron CEO) contacted his old friend Vice President Dick Cheney, and explained to Cheney that Enron was having some financial trouble. Lay was afraid there was going to be a panic “sell off” of Enron stock, so he asked Cheney for his help. Dick Cheney went to SEC Chairmen Harvey Pitt (whom Cheney had asked Bush to appoint), and gave him a directive to impose an emergency moratorium to freeze the sale of all employee held “B” shares of stock, but allow the sale of any CEO held “A” shares of stock. As the employee’s could only sit and watch their shares of matching “B” stock, held in their 401K, plummet, Enron CEO’s dumped all their share of “A” stocks on Wall Street for what ever they could get, thus allowing the Enron CEO’s to walk away Millionaires, but all the employees penniless.

These are well known facts because copies of the original memo, given to Harvey Pitt by Dick Cheney, exist...confirming this. Cheney knew of the problems in July 2001, but did nothing, and even helped his buddies try to get away with it. In about October of 2001, Dick Cheney saw the writing on the wall, and started refusing calls from Ken Lay.

16. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Got a link to these real documents, or better yet, anyone given them to a prosecutor if it's true?

I know what should happen to them. We should put them in sombreros and give 1-ton a gun...

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

hey 1-Ton, guess what...

putting something in funny text doesnt make it true.

Bill Clinton had sex with Britney Spears and the Olsen Twins in the Oval Office in 1990.

see how that works? its in big bold text, just like yours, but its bull****.

now had i posted a link like so:

www.billclintonhadsexwithbritneyandmichelle.com

it might have been sort of believable.

18. 1-ton

Before you dismiss what I posted, try using a little tool called a "search engine" to do your own research. Most people use Google. I know I am bursting some peoples bubble, but I am just trying to let you know that rich Millionars (and Billionars) politicians like the Clintons, Kerry's, Bush's, and Cheneys of the world are not on your side.

19. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Millionaire, Billionaire

Oh yeah, no one is on your side, only your friends and family and sometimes not then

20. 1-ton

C'mon RJ, you did not put hardly any thought into that at all, or else you would have had something more profound thatn that to say. :D