Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lazy Fuel Injectors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xdelirious45x, Apr 30, 2004.

1. xdelirious45x

xdelirious45x Registered Member

On idle, my 88 chevy blazer TBI goes down to about 200rpms almost stalls and tries boosting back up to about 400rpms. I too apart the fuel meter cover to see if maybe the fuel pressure regulator was bad. It did not help. I tries cleaning all the fuel ports inside the tbi. The truck is electronically fuel injected. On idle, there is not a series of sprays of fuel from the fuel injectors. They both drip. Could this be a bad signal from the ECM? or Are these lazy fuel injectors?

2. xdelirious45x

On idle, my 88 chevy blazer TBI goes down to about 200rpms almost stalls and tries boosting back up to about 400rpms. I too apart the fuel meter cover to see if maybe the fuel pressure regulator was bad. It did not help. I tries cleaning all the fuel ports inside the tbi. The truck is electronically fuel injected. On idle, there is not a series of sprays of fuel from the fuel injectors. They both drip. Could this be a bad signal from the ECM? or Are these lazy fuel injectors?

Also, what are the biggest size tires i can put on a 4" lift/ 6" lift?

Thanks! Keep Blazin!
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You probably need to replace the fuel injectors. You can either replace them with rebuilt ones or new ones. Rebuilt fuel injectors can be a bit of a gamble...most times they work properly, but sometimes they do not. Rebuilt TBI injectors usually go for about $50 each, and new TBI injectors go for about $100 each.

My TBI injected truck is having the same problem right now too, but not as bad as yours...YET! I am going to take a chance on rebuilt injectors for my truck. Autozone has them for $46 dollars a piece + core.

4. xdelirious45x

Hey,
    Luckily my friend works at a GM dealership and actually has a spare set lying around. I hope these are OK. I'm probably going to changed them tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks!