Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaf spring band

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JudOne, Jun 27, 2001.

1. JudOne

JudOne Newbie

Jun 27, 2001
    Wouold a missing/broken leaf spring band on the front of one of the front leafsprings cause stearing vibration when going down a grade esp with a trailer or when aplying brakes?
    It would allow leaf speration of leaves.
    Ther is a gap I can stick my finger in between leaves when vehicle is parked but not on other side or back end of that leaf.
    If so what is the best fix.
    Would I have to replace leaf springs or could this be fixed.
    If so recomendations on spring source or repair source and cost apreciated
  2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

May 15, 2001
    It could cause vibration, there are alot of things that could cause this.. as for fixing it or replacing it.. I know there are places out there that can repait the band that is on it.. If you find someplace that can add a leaf to it then they can also fix the one for you.. But yes it could cause that problem...

[​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]