Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaf spring mount pic request

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by divorced, Aug 8, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have a '72 C10 that I want to convert to 4 wheel drive. It has a coil spring rear. My plan was to use 73-79 style rear spring front hangers, one set for the rear spring front mount and another for a home-brew shackle flip. I crawled under the truck and looked at the frame and from the rear coil springs up to the cab the frame looks like it changes in width, which would make the shackle sit at an angle.

Does anyone have a pic (maybe without a bed) of the rear springs and hangers and the front spring shackle mount?

:confused:

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hey yeah it does bow outwards back thee but you can still put leaf spring brackets on the frame rails of this truck, even with it being a coils rear frame

it is still the same 34" wide outside to outside of rails in front of axle and behind it, where the spring brackets will mounts, measure and you will see :thumb:

use 63 or 64-72 or 73-up, either ones, it will work

youll have to deal with shock moujntsd though, but oh well, no biggie really

the bowed out part of the frme back there is 38.5" right above axle, but thats only 2.5" more on each side outwards than a straight rail frame

GM put leaves on coil frames from factory often, they are out there both 1/2 and 3/4 ton only,

as all 1 ton were straight rail frames, there were no bowed out 1 ton frames made/used

good luck and happy converting :D

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  3. 4wheelattitude

4wheelattitude 1/2 ton status

I'm new to this. If you still need pics, I can try and get some to you of my 70 GMC if you think that would help?

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

If you have a picture of the front mount for the rear spring it would be helpful. Thanks.