Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaf spring pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WillHe3rd, Mar 2, 2005.

1. WillHe3rd

WillHe3rd Registered Member

Does anyone have pics of leaf springs in good shape? I think mine are in sad shape but I'm not sure, maybe they are ment to look like that. I know the shocks are orig. from factory (1987) and need to be replaced. If the are tired (the leaf srings) will add a leafs fix my problem or should they be replaced?

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Are you talking about front or rear leafs? And you mention 87.. I take it that we're talking about a K5?

If you are talking about the fronts having a negative arch(factory fronts), thats the way they are supposed to be....

3. WillHe3rd

It is a k5, and both fron and back are in question. I took pics with my phone but I can only send them to another phone, I cant send them in an email or any thing. The front springs are almost flat, the points that conect to the blaze are lower then the peak of the arch, is this normal? Sorry about the newbie questions but I'm new at this.

4. WillHe3rd

Sorry, just saw the the bottom of your post, answered my question there. Thanks

5. Emmettology 101

Yes, that is normal for the front springs. They have a negative arch and will arch down like that... Should be either a 2 or 3 leaf pack.. Depending on the condition of your rear springs, they should have a positive arch similar to a lift spring, but not as much...

:thumb:

6. Emmettology 101

No problem. :D