Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaf Spring?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Smitty, Dec 24, 2000.

1. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at putting a 6" lift under my '82 and need to be sure I order it right. I've got heavier duty differentials under it but it doesn't look like anything has been changed as far as the springs go. Do I order leaf springs as if I had factory differentials under it?

Smitty

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Do your current springs fit ok? If so what would be the difference? If you used simmilar perches on you new axle, and they were the correct distance apart, I dont see why they would not fit properly

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Waht heavier duty differentials do you have? I'm pretty sure that all of them are the same height, except a Dana 60. I think a D60s perches ar ehight, so you may want a 5" in the front and a 6" in the back.

90K5

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I've got a 14 bolt ff in the back and believe a D44 in the front. Both have the eight lug wheels. I guess I'm wondering if there's a way to tell if there is anything different about the perches that I need to look for (locating pin size, etc). It would make sense to me that springs for a stock setup would work but I'd rather not pay the extra postage just because I didn't check.

Smitty

5. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    If you still have your old axle you could measure them up, and see if they are different.

6. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I wish I had the axles or even knew who went through all of the work to fix up the drive train in this thing. They did a lot of work but there is no history on where the parts came from. It really can make buying parts an experience. I've learned to ask "If this doesn't fit, can I bring it back?" whenever I buy something.

Smitty

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Smitty, when I installed the 14-bolt and Dana 44 in my '75 K5 the only thing that was different was the size of the u-bolts, due to the larger diameter axle tubes. With the correct u-bolts both axles bolted right up to the factory springs.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>