Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

leaf springs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therover87, Nov 2, 2001.

1. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i have an 87 k5 which is stock height and the leaf springs are sagging and i was looking to replace them and i saw that LMC carries them as well as YEAR ONE, PADDOCK, but would i be better off going to gm or would LMC's work.
    the truck isnt lifted so its just a o.e. leaf spring i need.

2. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

what i would do if i were you is just get a lift a small one if you really dont want to lift it like 2 inches or something it will be so much cheaper than factory leafs from the dealer or LMC $99.99 a pop and 119.99 for the rear thats $440.00 hell thats crazy for a stock lift look into Tuff Country E-Z ride you love it, it's real soft my friend had a 4 inch EZ and that thing rode like a Caddi

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If you are going to spend the money on new springs get a 2.5 inch lift. I am very happy with my 2.5" lift. Unless you don't offroad at all I would say a lift is a better option. It gives you room to upgrade to taller tires, and gives you better ground clearence.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.