Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaf Springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin'Grrl, Mar 26, 2000.

1. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

My '83 Blazer still has stock springs on it, and it's saggin' pretty bad...any suggestions on a new set of springs? I don't want it to ride like a school bus, it's also my "daily driver."

[​IMG]
    In the pic: My VW and my beautiful K-5.

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]Have you driven over a Ford lately?[​IMG]</font color=purple>

2. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Couple of options. You could just ad add a leafs in the back to stop the sag or maybe pony up to the plate and put a small lift under it 2.5" or 4". New OEM springs will cost as much or more than a lift kit.

3. 83DK5

83DK5 Registered Member

Well Salvage Yards, Junk Yards whatever you want to call them. Could be a cheap fix. A suspension lift kit that has new springs would be an option too. Get two birds with one stone as the saying goes.

Blazers Rule especially Diesels

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

To maintain the stock spring action you may want to just have them re-arched. Also check to see if anyone here has their old set of spring from befor they did their lift! just a thought!!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

5. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got a set of rough country add-a-leafs for the rear of my '89 from J.C. Whitney for about $50. Brought it back to stock height and ride is ok. A new set of U-bolts is a great time saver, and well worth the extra expense.
    John

6. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Well they took care of your spring questions, now on to bigger problems...A K5 shouldn't ever take second billing to (shudder) a VW...the caption on the picture should have been My BEAUTIFUL K5 and my vw...;-) LOL White Knight

7. That'll be five bucks everytime you post that lil' Sarah!!(The "Have you driven over a Ford Lately" I've had that on my ole Burb for the longest.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

8. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

Jeezzz...sorry ya'll....guess I started out on the wrong foot! My VW was my first car. It's dead now, so my K-5 gets all the attention. (and money!) I'll think of a more original signiture too...sorry 'bout that one.

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]Have you driven over a Ford lately?[​IMG]</font color=purple>

9. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I remember seeing that quote on a tee shirt on a young filly at Woodstock back in 69...

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

10. Just messin' with you girl !! Use what you'd like !! Let's see some pics of the Blazer!!! GIRLZ GIRLZ GIRLZ !!!

11. Wow you must be ancient, I was one back then (in 69)!!!

12. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

J.C.Whitney has all four springs for $200. 1/2 or 3/4 ton same price. I agree with Burb, I have a thing for girls in four wheel drives. Can we see the BLAZIN'GRRL pic? Ill show ya mine.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!</font color=blue>