Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

leak under dash????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wraenking, May 24, 2003.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well with the recent rainy days here in the north east, i discovered that water is dripping from behind the dash, down by the hood release, and soaking my floor. im sure some of you have seen this so any help or ideas would be appreciated. i want to nip this one in the bud ASAP.

thanks

2. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

It's most likely the windshield gasket is leaking at the corners and needs to be resealed. Mine was leaking there too and resealing the gasket fixed it.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

and check heater box firewall seal also,

at least its just water, ive got oil leaking down my firewall and soaking driver side floorboard and carpet, leaves a puddle on ground even, i dont care too much really, ill get around ot repairs one day, its too small of a problem right now to deal withheh

good luck

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

so do i need a new seal? you said to reseal it. what do you do?

5. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with a 79 Shortbox I had, turned out it was leaking in where the E-brake cable came into the cab. A little bit of silicone and it was good to go.