Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaking 14 bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Shawn, Jun 28, 2000.

1. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Ever since I got my used 14 bolt (4 years ago), it leaked just a little around the right axle tube (where it meets the pumpkin). It only leaks maybe 2 drops per week so it was never a must to fix it. The axle is in great shape except for that. I was told to weld the seam would be a no-no. Is there another solution for this?

Shawn
    87 K5

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think it is time for you to upgrade to a GMC 2-1/2 ton military axle, why take any chances!!!

Steve

3. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I'm not an expert in rears(or anything for that matter), but I have a suggestion, I had a full floater in my suburban, try RTV blue around the tube. This stuff works real well. And if you don't think thats strong enough stuff try a little Jb weld, that stuff works well also. hope this helps

4. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I was going to say the same thing, I bet that a little RTV will work. If not I used some stuff called Liquid Steel and that seemed to work real well too.. good luck

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com