Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LEAKING ENGINE OIL HELP!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TB2Blazer, May 28, 2003.

1. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have and 85 K5 Blazer with a 350 in it and it is leaking oil from the right side if you are sitting in the drivers seat. I originally thought the valve cover gaskets were bad so I replaced them but that didn't do anything. It got worse after I put the my three inch body lift on and drips steadily when its on. It doesn't leak when its off only when its on and produces a white smoke that I guess is from the oil burning off. From what I can see it looks like its coming out of the exhaust manifold or something in that region. Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to what it could be?

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmmm maybe a bad seal somewere on the block? i dunno.. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif sure someone would have an idea..

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

First thing to do is to buy some engine degreaser and clean that side of the engine of really good. Start it up and you should be able to see right where it's coming from.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Look closely at your fuel pump. The vent hole may have oil coming out indicating the diaphragm is ruptured. ALSO check your oil, it may have fuel in it.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Look closely at your fuel pump. The vent hole may have oil coming out indicating the diaphragm is ruptured. ALSO check your oil, it may have fuel in it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    pure insanity said a GREAT one to check. could end up BAD if this is the case.

same with the degreaser.
    do them both, but change your oil first. just to make sure
    Grant

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Did you take the air pump off?

One of those holes where the air pump bolt to is also a hole that you put a long bolt into it to hold up the fuul pump push rod when you change the fuel pump. If you took the air pump off you need to put some 3/8 x 1/2 inch bolt in there with some teflon tape on the threads to keep it from leaking oil.

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you take the air pump off?

One of those holes where the air pump bolt to is also a hole that you put a long bolt into it to hold up the fuul pump push rod when you change the fuel pump. If you took the air pump off you need to put some 3/8 x 1/2 inch bolt in there with some teflon tape on the threads to keep it from leaking oil.

[/ QUOTE ]Also a very good one to check. I dont think of it myself since my block has threaded holes there for the pump but they are blind holes so I dont get a leak there. I also cant hold the FP push rod up w/ a bolt either for a pump swap.