Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaking F*%king water, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79ChevySB, Sep 1, 2001.

1. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

I just got the windshield replaced on my truck about a week ago. Well today we had a heavy rain storm and my truck is STILL leaking water down the drivers side kick panel. When I felt up above the vent on the kick panel, the insulation was all wet. Does anyone know what causes this? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Its probably either your door weather stripping, or your vent window weather stripping. Blazers are known to leak at both places. Replace both weater stripping pieces and you should be fine. It sound like its the door weather stripping.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

This may sound stupid, but how could it come from the door weather stripping when it is all the up under my dash? I know that the door hinges on my drivers door are worn out and the door sags, maybe this is it. I'll have to check into that. Thanks.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

What happens is it leaks in the padding soaks it in. Thats why its all wet there and not pudling up on the floor.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

It could be a couple of things--either you need to put a bead of silicone around the entire windhshield or it is coming from your kick panel vent. Mine was leaking from both. I'm willing to bet it is coming from your kick panel vent. The same thing was happening to mine on my passenger side. I am going to make a gasket for the vent. That should cure the problem. Have you sealed the entire glass with silicone? As far as I know, if you dont put a bead of silicone outside the seal, it will always leak. Does this make sense?

"Constipated people don't give a crap!"

6. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

Try something you and a buddy wash the truck. Your buddy washing and you in the truck looking for the water in the truck where it is coming from