Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaking gas..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SS66, Oct 22, 2006.

1. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I just replaced my gas tank straps without dropping the tank.. Well now the tank appears to be leaking.. is it possible to tighten them too tight to where some fuel line above gets pinched..causing a crack and leak? I cant see where its coming from... I just know its leaking

I ask because I dont know what it looks like up there..
    If not I assume I just tightened them too tight and they dug into the tank..Oh well... new tanks are only $150 :(

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

first place to rot out..

Under the straps and at the seams are where tanks fail most often..I've had many start weeping after "disturbing" the straps too!..if you have to replace the tank,shop around...

I've bought new tanks for a bit less than a hundred bucks from SPI,a brand most parts stores here sell,it's a local company..the places that sell body panels and crash parts usually have the lowest prices on gas tanks...:crazy:

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Ah thanks for the tip! THats the local Autozone quote.. maybe I will poke around online and see what I can come up with for a price