Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaking or Not??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Skigirl, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Started up the truck after it sitting for a couple months. Pumped the skinny 6-7 times and held to the floor to get it going. Pull it out of the driveway and there's gas streaming out from under the front end - under the engine. Pull it back in the driveway, stop it and have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the leak -

So I start it back up, rev it and search for dripping gas. Nothing from the fuel pump, nothing from the add-on inline fuel filter hose. No leaking.

Is it possible to have gas stream out because I flooded it trying to start it? Or does a fuel pump (which is only a year old BTW) leak intermittently before it fails? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You mean it runs? And moves under it's own power???

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

You could have had a stuck needle and seat in the carb causing it to spew...and that may have cleared itself up. Gas becomes a sticky varnish over time which is one reason not to let a vehicle sit for extended periods of time.

Rene

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You mean it runs? And moves under it's own power???

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ha ha ha... smarty pants! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Guess I'll run it for a bit more and make sure... I'm supposed to take it to Henrick's to get some stuff done and leave it while I'm out of town next week and gotta get it there by tomorrow AM.

Thanks Rene!