Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaking PS fluid.. WTF???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Jul 15, 2002.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I'm in the middle of a 3/4 ton swap on my truck right now.. I just got the front diff all bolted in and everything.. so, I start to play with the wheel to see how off my toe is when I hear a squishing sound.. after a few turns, my power steering fluid starts leaking out from somewhere around the pump or resevior /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif .... now I had the truck on jackstands and no tires on the diff.. just rotors.. WTF happened? /forums/images/icons/mad.gif I still have yet to find out EXACTLY where it's coming from

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Mines leakin from behind the reservoir, are real PIA to get to there...... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

it's prolly coming from the o ring in between the pump and resevior. it's a pretty simple fix and you can get a kit from you local autoparts store.

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

When the engine isn't running it will leak out the pump if you turn the wheels back and forth. I thinks it's normal because mine will do the same if it isn't runnin but it's fine while running.

5. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

Mine had a leak from the rubber o-ring where the shaft connects to the pulley. All you gotta do is get the kit, its pretty cheap(10-20$) and take off your power steering pump. If you need to replace one gasket, replace them all that come in the kit. Should only take about 45 min.