Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

leaking tranny cooler lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TxK5Blazer, Mar 13, 2001.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

i have just replaced my stock 305 with a 1995 350 and rebuilt the tranny my cooler lines are routed wrong and leak all the time how can i fix with out going broke all help would be appreciated. Thanks Jason

K5, Like a piece of heaven, right here on earth

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Either replace the lines with new ones (dealer or the guy who rebuilt your tranny) or get a straight piece from a parts store and bend it yourself. Its a lot cheaper than redoing your tranny! Good luck

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Bending your own is good and saves money. Just be sure to secure it to things that don't allow it to flop or it will eventually split and start leaking. The factory uses all those clips for a reason.

Also, you can generally bend it by hand as long as you don't expect sharp bends. To keep from collapsing the tube while making sharp bends, you can buy a cheap hand tubing bender that will work on a variety of sizes. I don't remember where I got mine but I've had it for years. Works on most anything from break lines to fuel/tranny lines. Some people fill the tube with sand (I don't recommend it) or other things but if you do that, be sure to clean it out *really* good.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Most hardware stores carry those tubing benders. A good auto parts store should have them as well. $10-20 is the price range I usually see for them.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>