Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaking

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CkYblaZeRBoY, May 8, 2005.

1. CkYblaZeRBoY

CkYblaZeRBoY Registered Member

Guys im just curious if anyone has taken their hardtop off and put it back on and had problems with leaking my dad keeps telling me its gona leak like hell if i take it off i wanna know from people who have done it :D Thanks- Joe

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

depends on what kinda shape your seals are in my are dry rotted all to s*** so when i take mine off in a couple days the seals will most likely turn to dust and blow away :D :haha:

but who cares. i've heard some guys tops have stuck to the seals etc. which damaged them anyway i say the hell with it it's gettin hot take that mother off but be prepared to possibly replace the seals ;)

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Ha ha ha

Thats what my DAD said when I was 17

When you put your top back on just be sure to add some new weather stripping, we used this two sided sticky adhesive stripping. No leaks. I get more condesation on the inside roof from snow than anything.

Take that top off so nice in the summer :cool1: To bad my area has too much crime, tops staying on this summer :(

Jesse

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

heres an idea!

High crime area??--make a "soft" top frame,and use barbed wire to fill in the spaces to make a "top"!--that'll make them think twice about reaching in to steal anything!--you could hook it to an HEI coil too,sort of an "electric fence" for the K5!---...
    I can hear it now--"hey look,a stereo!--I can just grab it and, RRIIIPPPP ZZOTTTTTT!! AHHHHHHHH!!!" :yikes: :rotfl: :haha:

5. tucsonkfive

tucsonkfive 1/2 ton status

Taken mine off twice and reused the old gasket both times, still no leaky. Take it off and enjoy! :thumb:

6. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

sweet!