Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaks when it rains??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keith, Oct 12, 2000.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

What gasket/ seal do I need to replace if water drips on my brake pedal after a hard rain. Comes from under the dash??

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

You can take it to an auto glass place and have them take out the windshield and reglue it in, then reinstall it. This usually works.

90K5

3. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

mine leaks on the driver's side, runs down the side and puddles right next to my foot....it on my "fix it" list......
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

If it's not the windshield seal there a gasket behind the brake booster where it meets the firewall. You'll have to disconnect the brake lines and the rod at the brake pedal to get the booster out. Makes sure that the grommets that surround the cables (speedo) going into the firewall are all there and in good shape. If you have electric rear window, then the leak would be more around the gas pedal. I'd check those then still have the windshield resealed. If it's the original seal, i would replace the seal too.

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

In the computer industry we call things like this an option in Blazer leaks are a fact of life. I replaced all the rubber on my top windshield check every place I and others could find but I still hate to drive it in the pouring rain, it does leak worse with the hard top than the soft top!!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

2 places. Windsheild frame has a rust hole at the bottom because the seal failed at the top and water is sitting under the gasket.
    The other thing is rust through in the area where the heat and A/C pick up air usualy caused by trash collecting in there. To access this area you need to pull the cowel (since you have a newer front on a older truck, yeah I'm jelous been talking about doing it to my wifes 79) and see what you got down there. my 75 looked horrible! had to sand blast the area out and paint it.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

7. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem when i bought my Blazer. Come to find out it wasn't the windshield or anything on the firewall leaking. There was a grommet on the center of my roof that plugged a hole(i guess it was there for an antenna mount). It was leaking from there onto the headliner towards the front of the truck, and down around the windshield and onto the floorboard. It took me forever to find it, but that is what caused my leak. Hope this helps.

http://k5junkie.coloradok5.com/

8. FWP

FWP CRS

Just take the top off, get some waterproof seat covers, duraliner , and a raincoat, you're all set. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG],

sorry for the smart ars post, I couldn't resist.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

9. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

That plugged hole on the roof, is it true that everybody has one?? Was this factory? Both my blazers had this hole in the exact same location.

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

10. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Neither of mine did, 87 and 89.

11. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

My 79 had one but when I took out the headliner, it looked like someone drilled it to mount a CB antenna in (that was the time frame that the CB craze took off). Of course it had no plug in it and during the rebuild I welded it shut and no more hole.