Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

leaky brakes WTF????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Oct 20, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well the hits just keep on coming. Im about to s can this dodge axle because everything is a PITA. I guess to be difficult they changed things just enough to piss people off. The lastest set back, brake lines, the bango bolts were bigger than the bolts on my ten bolt, the inside diameter of the brake line hole was 7/16th, so i drilled them out thinking it would work, went to bleed them and fluid is coming out everywhere. So is it because i drilled them and need new lines?? Not a big deal because i have to get longer anyway to deal with the 52s just want to see what others have to say. TIA

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You do have two copper washers on each side, correct? One under the head of the bolt and one between the fitting and caliper?

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I have a dodge 60 in my K5. I have aftermarket stainless lines and it bolted up without any problems. I did have to put in new crush washers (twice) however.

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea i have both washers on the lines and whats funny is on one side i have the ones that came with it, they are about twice as thick as the replacments i put on the other side, but they both leak, mayby i'll try two on the inside and two on the outside and put a little more torque on them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif