Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

leaky D60 help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigmatt, Jun 23, 2004.

1. bigmatt

bigmatt Registered Member

I searched, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I noticed the front axle on my M1008 was leaking oil pretty bad out of the drivers side axle. The oil is leaking all over my tires. It is also leaking at the pinion, but I know that is an easy fix. I am guessing there is a seal there. Anybody have a part # for that and how tough is it to fix?

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Its an easy fix, but you have to completely disasemble the whole axle to get to it. Basically remove hubs, spindles, pull shafts, pull out carrier, and the old seal pops out. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Then you clean out the nasty crap in axle tubes (rust and gear oil, my favorite), install new seal, polish seal area on shafts and put it back together. If you have my luck you will then notice all the axle components are bad and have to replace everything. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif$$$$$$