Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

leaky master cylinder

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by G.M.H, Jan 29, 2003.

1. G.M.H

G.M.H Registered Member

My master cylinder is the older style (1980) that has the lid held on with a wire clip.Any time I tilt the truck a little (often) fluid leaks out the cap.It is wrecking the paint on everything.Is this normal,or is mine faulty? Will a newer style fit,or do they leak also? Thanks.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Something's wrong with your cap. It shouldn't leak. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Sounds like it might have a small hole in the rubber gasket. I think you can buy just the gasket. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. G.M.H

G.M.H Registered Member

Thanks Harry. I will pick one up tomorrow. The original one leaked, so I replaced the entire unit with a rebuilt one, and it leaked from day one. So I thought it was normal.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

whats interchangeability of the 81-up aluminum cylinderswith the older iron ones ? will they all bolt to all the boosters ?? i found out that on cars they wont,.. caprices and firebirds and cutlasses and so forth,