Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaky NP208

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GloNDark, Sep 23, 2002.

1. GloNDark

GloNDark Registered Member

1985 GMC Jimmy 350/700r4(87)/NP208

OK why can't I get this #$@&$ transfer case to $%#*ing stop leaking all over the place!

New front and rear output seals. But it still PUKES out the front output and a drip or two out of the rear. ARGH!! What do I check next?

The vent is open and clear, the fluid is new, the seals are new, I think it leaks worse with the new seals than it did before....

thanks!

Chris

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

if you fill it to the level of the filler plug, does it stay there, or does it seem to get more full? the input seal could be leaking and filling it overfull with fluid from the tranny.

3. GloNDark

GloNDark Registered Member

If I fill it to the full level, and let it leak it just drains out. The tranny is holding it's level just fine. (I thought this was the cause at first.....doh...:()

My buddy mentioned that if the yokes are too worn that it wouldn't seat up against the seal properly. Where can I get a new yoke at? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

New yokes can be had from most local driveline shops, or get them at the local wrecking yard.

John

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Check the plug in the end of the slip yoke(drive shaft end), sometimes they leak out of there also. After having tried to seal mine with silicone I finally got so tired of it that I took it to get welded and on top of the welding I put JB weld, seems like it worked. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif