Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaner

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Snowman1000, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Snowman1000

Snowman1000 1/2 ton status

Today I was looking at the back of my blazer and realized that I have a slight lean the the driverside.So what would cause the lean bad leaf springs, shocks what. I was thinking about doing a lift, Rough Country 4" and that would replace the front springs and give me blocks for the rear.Then I was going to do a shackle flip on the rear end to eliminate the sag that I will most likely have because new front springs and old rear springs plus block would probally leave me a little low in the arse. But with the sag am I looking at new springs.

75 K-5

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Just get a 4" suspention lift kit with new rear springs. IMO it would be a lot better than a shackle flip, blocks, and wore out springs.
    A complete RC 4" full suspention lift kit is only a little over 500 shipped.

3. Snowman1000

I know that everybody has been trying to stay away from the blocks but I just looked at Rough Countrys Site and it will be 572.85 After shipping and tax. Thats a bit of money, I know you have to spend the money to do it right and if your not going to do it right dont do it at all.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Lets do some math here.
    So a RC lift kit with blocks is around $350.
    Unless you DIY. A shackle flip is $200
    Then you still have worn out springs on blocks for $550
    Or
    DIY shackle flip Free
    Lift kit 350
    But what to do with wore out springs and bushings? Mabe add a leafs for a band aid $100 There's around $450.

For less than $100 more you can do it right: 4" RC lift from topgun customz

5. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just how big a boy is ya?:haha: Just go full spring and then if you need a cure for the saggy butt then use the ORD 2.5" flip.:wink1:

6. Snowman1000

Im a big guy but I dont think im big enough to cause the lean im going to air up the tires and drive it on the neighbors driveway and make sure that appearances arent decieving me. Yes I know that the only way that im going to get out of this predicament is to but the lift kit with all 4 leaf springs I just have to talk myself into spending the money ( I just took out a 2700 dollar loan to replace my Jeep bad head gasket bad lower main seal and god knows what else) So I am a little low on funds but indue time I will come around.

7. Snowman1000

Alright im back from the neighbors driveway and the truck doesnt seem to lean very much but when I do buy the lift I will replace all 4 leaf spring its not that much more expensive to do it right.

Also to start planning ahead

What else should I replace when I do the lift 4 inch 32 inch tires

Does the kit come with hoses for brake line extensions or do I have to buy those separate. What kind of cost am I looking at.

How hard is this task, what tools are required.