Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Leaning issuses

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NoSmog73, Sep 10, 2004.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok I have a leaning issue and want to correct it..
    The rig leans to the passenger side a good 1"-1 1/2" ..
    Now I have replaced the body mounts,ord 1" body pucks,stock rear springs with add a leaf and ord flip, 6" TC easy rides in front..
    I used a level on the core support and have about 1/4" gap to make the level ,level..So using that as a base 1/4" a foot (lenth of level) X about 4.5 ft across= 1 1/4 in the front ..
    I measuered under the rig at the frame rails and it is all within about 1/8-1/4 differance..(From the front to the front rear spring hanger only not all the way to the back)
    So looked at the rear spring shackle and the passenger side shackle is about 1/2" or so father back on the bottom of the shackle (where the spring is)..First thought was maybe a broken spring..So I went over each side and saw no brakes or cracks..But will pull off to make sure soon.
    anything else I can or didnt think of to check.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Mine leans about an inch also, I think my frame is tweaked abit... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anything else I can or didnt think of to check

[/ QUOTE ]

Kick the fat chick out.

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Does it lean like this all the time or just after you turn? Mine leans when I pull it into the driveway. Sharp turn stop and park and it leans. If I back up and straighten it all out the lean goes away. I attribute this lean to the locked up axle in the rear.