Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

learned something "new" today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by paulbunyan, May 4, 2003.

1. paulbunyan

paulbunyan Registered Member

learned something \"new\" today

couldnt find anyone to wheel with today so not learning from last time I went wheeling by myself I decided to go.In the hills north of my house there is an old rutted road. Back when my jimmy was stock I used to get stuck on it every time i went up there, so i decided that my truck is lifted, I have bigger tires, a new motor ,winch and I just welded my rear diff so I should be able to make it.The problem with this it was still wet from spring runoff and we just got 3 inches of very wet snow, so it is really sloppy out. any to make a long story short I ended up buried up to the bottom of my doors several times and haveing to winch my truck for over a hundred feet on its diffs then having to turn around and do it again to get back out i learned Never go wheeling by yourself, A warn 8274 is a hell of a winch, Never go wheeling by yourself down the old rutted road and even in heavy mud I can still pull 5000 rpm in second gear /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Re: learned something \"new\" today

"Never go wheelin' by yourself" I wish I had that option... when all your friends drive lowered Honda's you don't have much of a choice! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I think I need new friends!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: learned something \"new\" today

[ QUOTE ]
    A warn 8274 is a hell of a winch

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif