Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

leased cars!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Dan, Jan 9, 2003.

1. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

ok! i have two leased cars i was wondering if anyone knew of a place i could find someone to take over the lease.wife lost her good paying job we could barely afford them as it was.thanks

2. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Probably just have to run a ad in the paper and instead of puting a price, Put assume lease of $_____ per month, Are you sure your lease is assumable? Leases can be tough to get out of early/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif How far into it are you?

3. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

yes anyone can take it over .

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I have some experence with this, let me tell you what I've run into.
    First off you need to call the lease co. and ask them if its assumable. Then you have to see whats involved for the assumie, credit checks usually and some other stuff.
    I would then put it in the paper for whatever the down would be and assume payments.
    If the lease is not assumable then you have a few options as well. Depending on how long you have had the car you may have some equity in it. You could try and sell it to the dealer telling them the circumstances, or if they won't give you enough then try to sell it for what the going rate is. There maybe a fee as well for termination, so I would see wich would be the lesser evil. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif