Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Left front tire skidding

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dendeanda, Jul 1, 2005.

1. dendeanda

dendeanda Registered Member

85 K5 Blazer 350 Auto

Someone side swiped me and caused my right steering knuckle to break which left my tierod hanging. It was a pretty hard hit but I think the knuckle took all the force. The tierod and ends look fine. The knucke, brake pads, and ball joints were replaced. The brakes could have been bled a little better though.
    On the test drive, theres a little pull to the right but nothing too bad. But at about 30mph, I started to notice that, if I veer ever so slightly to the left, tap on the brakes, or hit a bump, the left front tire starts to screech against the road. What could be causing this?

-Misalignment?
    -Bent tierod?
    -caliper sticking?

Thanks guys!

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like your right side tire may be toed out. It probably needs an alignment.

3. dendeanda

dendeanda Registered Member

Well, It turns out the that alignment was REEEEALLY bad. I was told that the next time I needed an alignment that I was going to need a new outside tierod because there are no more threads available! Thanks for the help all!

Dennis

4. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

Tie rod ends

If that's the case, then something is still bent and should probably be looked at.

5. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

get it so it drives right then pay close attention to your tire wear and that sould tell you if it is at least tracking straight, my guess would be bent a whole lot more than you want to fix..... frame, spring hangers, springs, axle tube....these are all just guesses but if it drives straight run it, if something else is FUBAR it will destroy itself in time