Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Left Hand Canyon/Carnage trip report

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by mrk5, May 6, 2006.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

It was a good day. I've never run the trail before so I wasn't sure what expect. It was tougher than I thought it would be.

Got to meet a new member, ivie29 - Nate. He has a cool truck with very interesting fuel tanks and a nice flatbed.

This trip beat the hell out the old sheetmetal, but others had it worst. I'll let them elaborate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a picture that shows ivie29's unique gas tanks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    That's the group, my brother-in-law Don, myself, INTERCEPTOR, ivie29, some Jeep guy, and firefighter184

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:eek1:

You guys are crazy...

Did firefighter create that one HUGE dent to make up for all the little dents he would have gotten over the last year or so had his truck been running?

BTW my finals sucked :rolleyes: Just one more tomorrow and I'll be done for the semester.

3. mrk5

He said he wanted to make a statement, that the Punisher was out to punish rocks, not driveway.

Personally I think the Punisher got punished.

4. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thats awsome there may be a chance that il be at the june run glade to see john on the trail again now if i could just get some stickers hmm

5. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I didnt really get any decent pictures of myself (except for some very private ones). Anybody got any good ones of of the Punisher getting wrecked?

6. firefighter184

Oh, that dent was actually just last one of the day, the driver side is wrinkled from stem to stern too, the front clip is about 1 inch off center, it goes on...

I got home this morning and took the Punisher to the firehouse where we had to use the Jaws to open the passenger side door so I could use a BFH to pound down the rocker/floor enough for the door to operate.

Ivie29, if you see this, I'd still be interested in those doors you mentioned...:D

7. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

No one tried the center line on the waterfall (as it is called)?

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The waterfall is fun, so far I'm 2 for 2 on getting up and down it unassisted as a full bodied K5, can't wait to do it now that it's narrow. Looks like you guys had a good time.

[​IMG]

9. mrk5

10. firefighter184

Here's the few pics I got...

IM000700.JPG

IM000702.JPG

IM000705.JPG

IM000708.JPG

IM000697.JPG

11. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nice upgrade on the bodywork.:D :waytogo:

Z

12. mrk5

The Jeep guys said he was trying to beat his truck into the same width as a Jeep.

13. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

OH, CRY ME A RIVER! If you are gonna play in the rocks something is going to get bent, whether you are the crosseyed :wink1: :wink1: spotter or not.:crazy: Hmm, didn't laseks help? I just know all of them rocks were thinking ah here comes the "driveway punisher" let's bash his fanny as he goes by. I can just hear them after the fact, "man that's as much fun as we have had in a long time".:haha: :haha: Yessiree the ole Punisher most certainly punished the rocks into their submission, no no it must be the other way around.:laugh: :laugh: Welcome to dentsville dude. What's it going to take to get the "driveway punisher" back to beating up rocks? I think you did it on purpose so the "punisher" looked like everyone else that has followed your spotting, just ask 70jimmy, never had a scratch before OCG.

Looks like it was a good thing I missed this scratch and dent party. Oh, to old and wise like me.:laugh: :laugh:

fred2mihi

14. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Did Bo get any dings?

He never gets damage, El Supremo Donkey Puncheroo. :D

15. firefighter184

Fred Fred Fred... A lot of talk from a guy who didn't make the trip because he had to buy new tennis ball feet for his walker...:wink1:

16. ivie29

ivie29 1/2 ton status

doors

Hey John, I am supposed to cut the doors that I have to look like the ones on my truck for my uncle. So if yours still function ok I dont see why we couldnt just trade. I will be cutting out all of the dent on your drivers side but the dent on the passenger side looked a little deep and a little low to cut out. If the pass. side doesnt work I talked to a guy today that is tearing down another truck. He said that next week he will know if I can get the doors off of it.

It was good to meet all of you and I had a great time. Thanks for letting me tag along.

17. firefighter184

Well, thanks to the BFH, I was able to get the passenger door to function. Had to smash the rocker and floor back down a few inches, but it opens and closes for now. I'm figuring on ditching the doors in a couple weeks, then I wont worry about it until the first snow. Maybe I need doors like yours.:D

18. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good, good my friend I expected nothing less. You know if you can smile and laugh about the dents it doesn't hurt so much. Like I asked how long? Are you going to try for Crystal Mill and Lead King Basin in June?

:):) fred2mihi

19. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Damm I wash I was that good of a wheeler. I got 4 good dents and a bent up rear bumper.:D

20. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

It was nice to meet you and your wife. We will have to set something up for a Glenwood Springs area run. I think after a long day of wheeling go and sit in the hot pools would kick ass.