Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Left hand canyon, Co

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Butch, Sep 15, 2000.

1. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Looking for anybody interested in going on a trail ride first weekend of October to Left hand canyon before we settle in for the winter.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Tim, what are you trying to do to me man, you know I will probably have to go.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I thought that would get your attention. Now all we need is Shawn and the 10 bolts of fury to sign on along with any other locals and get one last good run in before the winter changes that are on the wish list. Ken, Shawn, coming along?

4. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

i will be there and i will bring friends just keep us informed i am going wheelin tomarrow at spring creek trail
    smp boulder, co

5. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I'll go if I can get my ram steering, cam, cam oiler, heads, and fuel injection installed by then. I'm going out of town for the next 2 weeks so if you can just come and install all this for me Tim that would be swell! I'll get you started by popping the hood for ya...

Where's the old Scout?? Did it get a little too much of Moab from last time???

I'm sure Ken's whomping 10 bolts of fury is gassed up and ready to go.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods

6. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Sounds good.I'll have to go last so I don't choke anybody out with my smoke though.hehe...I'll probably bring my buddy too.We can make him feel bad,he's got a Donco.(If you don't mind)
    <font color=red>Is this a sure thing? I mentioned it to my buddy and sounds like he's interested too.Details please.</font color=red>
    <font color=blue>Chuck Dirks
    81 Blazer
    Colorado,USA</font color=blue>

7. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

8. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

As far as I am concerned it is a done deal. Want to make it for Oct 7 and 8. I am open to suggestions as to the route. I have only been to Left hand one time, but enjoyed it very much. Shawn, as for the scout, we fixed everything that need be for the trip (which was alot thanks to Dan's kamikaze driving style) the pretty up stuff will have to wait until the snow starts to fall.

9. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Where is Left hand Canyon?Is it a fun trail or a dirt road?Brady

10. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Both,Brady.There's 2 different ways to go from the begining.My buddies and I have been the easy way a bunch-o-times and always had fun.There's alot of harder things to mess around with along the way on that trail.There's also a more difficult trail to take.We've only tried it twice.The first time was after working till 11:00 at night and it was a bit too dark(not to mention the FJ Cruiser coming down that got in our way) so we turned around.The second time it started getting nasty and my buddy's Donco was having probs.Needless to say,I haven't ever been up too far on that one unless you count 10 yrs. ago on a dirt bike when it was too narrow for any kind of truck.I'd really like to give it a shot though.I don't have a winch and was told they can come in handy.
    Oh yeah,Lefthand Canyon is off of Foothills highway between Boulder and Lyons.I believe it's the road to Ward but I might be wrong about which town.
    Chuck Dirks
    81 Blazer
    Colorado,USA

11. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Butch,you say the 7th and 8th? It's probably possible to spend that much time up there but,I don't think camping is allowed.Boulder and Longmont aren't a big problem to make the drive twice but,it might be a ways for the people farther out.Personally I'm up for both.Maybe the harder trail on Sat. and the easier one on Sun.That way if there are any probs on the harder trail we'll still have Sunday to work things out.Then we can spend Sunday messing around on the easy stuff. Just a thought.

Chuck Dirks
    81 Blazer
    Colorado,USA

12. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Sounds like fun count me in.Was anybody thinking of meeting some where.Never been there before.

13. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

the lower trail is hard maybe a 9 it is short but fun and it connects with the upper trail at a place called 5-points most of the lower trail is driving up a creek bed in a valley with lots of rocks i would only take well built k5s on it the upper trail is nice and the main trail is moderate but it has lots of hill climbs off the sides so it can be more diffacult and there is maybe a good place to meet at a rest area 1/2 mile down lefthand canyon from the trail and there is a little dirt parking lot at the trail head hopes this helps
    smp

14. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

So it sounds like a plan,now we could use some details...Time and place to meet?Base of the trail at ?:00,Pic-nic area filled with K5s(and other various 4x4s)down-highway from the trail at ?:00.Talk to me.......
    I was all psyched to go this weekend till my buddy pooped out,Now I'm just waiting for when we go.(stupid F%#D guys)
    I WANNA GO WHEELIN'!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck Dirks
    81 Blazer
    Colorado,USA

15. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I was thinking around 8:30 cause I will be driving up from Parker. I think maybe we should pick a place in Boulder off of 36 as a meeting place, like make Kmart by Pearl St. I am open to suggestions as to meeting place.

16. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

Count me in. I'll be thier. Let met know when & where.

LET'S ROCK
    Don't follow me you will get STUCK!!

17. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Hey Butch,K-Mart in Boulder sounds good to me(a little early for us night people [​IMG]but what the hay).We'll be there at 8:30,Should we wait till 9:00 for straglers or just get-n-go?Are you still planning on going both Sat.& Sun ?
    <font color=purple>By the way,</font color=purple><font color=red>I take back my reference to Willy B. and KBPI.Did you hear about the crap they pulled last weekend in Nederland?That's not even CLOSE to being cool.Gives us <font color=blue>ALL</font color=blue> a bad reputation.</font color=red>[​IMG]

Chuck Dirks
    81 Blazer
    Colorado,USA

18. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Yea we can wait around for a while. I was thinking the 7th for sure and if there is some unexplored area then we could return on the 8th. As for KBPI, those assholes should have to pay to fix this mans land and they should also take out an ad and apologize to the people of Boulder before they get all of our trails closed. If one of those teens that were out there was a child of mine, I would probably miss this trip due to being in jail for killing him. Our sport will fade away because of ignorance of this kind.

19. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

i just wanted to let you know that at hwy 36 (28th st) and pearl is a target not k-mart the k-mart is up 28th st another 5 or so blocks
    smp

20. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I was gone for a while and I didn't know what you guys were talking about so I went to the RMN site and found the article:

http://www.insidedenver.com/news/0928mud3.shtml

400 people??? Sounds like the DJ Willie B. whose real name is Stephen Meade had a lot to do with this. What a bunch of dopes!

Hey Tim, I came back and found the work I requested was never done to my K5. What gives? What do you think this is... A dealership or something!

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods