Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

left the ifs world

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lifted95z71, Mar 4, 2003.

1. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

i just had to tell evberyone all about my solid axle swap. its in my z71, its a 3/4 ton 44. no its not a 60 and yeah i still have the 10 bolt rear but i working to fix that.
    anyway i cant wait to go wheelin in it.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Hey, any solid axle is better than the IFS. My friend's Z71 Suburban on 33's busts transfer cases and eats balljoints for breakfast. Not to mention the stupid steering goes out of whack every 3 months... Oh well, wise swap! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    BTW, we need pics!!!!! And your signature, my friend Travis made fun of my other buddy Nick's Samurai on 31's. Well, Travis's 1980 Shortbed Chevy on 39" MT Baja Belted's gets stuck in a pond, and the Samurai pulled him out! A 62 horsepower Samurai pulling out a huge Chevy...too funny.

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

same thing happened here but at the beach. my friend in an 83 chevy was digging ruts for the sammi to play in. well he broke something in the front axle. well this truck is on 44's and so the sammi on 27 inch tires pulls him out. everyone was freaked. it was funny.

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Sounds badass did you use the ORU kit or did you make your your kit? If i ever get around to doing a sfa swap on my truck it will be improvised outta what ever i got....unless i find a lot of money just lying around.... /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

5. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

finnaly someone with some brains!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

SFA swap was the best thing I ever did to my rig.I used a 44 to set it up and when I found a HiPin 60 it was simple bolt in job.88 SWB,HiPin,D60,on 38s. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

no i actually had a local shop do it. they do great work at a great price. having the local shop do it actually cost less than if i had tried to get the oru kit/steering/springs/shocks/etc. i really wanted to do it myself at home but when it cheaper to have a shop do it ill go with the shop.