Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lefthand Drop NP205, 32 Spline

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by BAJA_BLAZER, Mar 26, 2002.

1. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

I am trying to locate a NP205 with fixed Output Flanges, Left Hand Drop (Drivers side front drive shaft), and 32 Spline Input ( Same as TH400 application). This would have had to come out of a later model 3/4 or 1 Ton Truck. I thought maybe someone on this forum might have an idea.

2. tonto

tonto Registered Member

the only np205 that had a left hand drop came in a ford design. if you are using this in a newer model chevy i would be interested to know how you get the speedo pick-up to work. as i am considering a solid axle swap myself. already have the axles.

3. BAJA_BLAZER

I am putting this in my 90 Blazer behind a 4L80E controled by a CompuShift Computer. The 4L80E is a 2wd unit with the VSS in it unlike the 4wd 4L80E that has the VSS in the T-case. The reason for needing a Lefthand Drop is that I am running a widened Dana 44 Twin Traction Beam up front. This is a Prerunner, not a rock crawler. One option is to use a Ford Lefthand 205 and change the Input gear to a 32 spline GM gear. I thought that a 205 may have been used in HD GM application with Lefthand drop, and was looking for someone who might know.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The only GM applications for 205's that I've seen have a solid front axle, and the diff is on the right. The GM's with left hand diff are the IFS trucks and they don't use a 205 t-case. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif In the later years, GM only put the 205's into 1-ton trucks, which all had solid front axles. So unless I missed an odd-ball configuraton from GM, it looks like you'll need to find a Ford NP 205 and put a GM input shaft in it. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. tonto

tonto Registered Member

thanks for the idea of the two wheel drive trans. i am wanting to run a doubler in a 95 tahoe. do you know if a 4-wheel trans can be modified to run the vss in it instead of the transfer case. where would you get the input shaft to change the ford transfer case to gm? sorry if i ask more question for myself than answer for you. just not many custom shops where i am located to do this kind of work.

6. BAJA_BLAZER

You can use a Ford Lefthand 205 and change the Input gear to a 32 spline GM gear. You need to use the 4L80E output shaft from a Motorhome, Advanced Adatpters has the part number and the adapter you need. Also have the trany builder put the VSS from a 2wd in.

7. crewcab

crewcab 1/2 ton status

i have a ford np-205 would take $100 plus shipping

8. tonto

tonto Registered Member

this is to 1hugeoneton. i would be interested in the 205 if baja is not interested. figure he has dibs since he started the question. and thanks to baja for the information . very, very helpful. thanks again.

9. bigbadburb

bigbadburb 1/2 ton status

i got a married 205 ford with the 31 spline input female i would sell for 80 plus shipping and i would crate (strap to crate) for free

10. crewcab

crewcab 1/2 ton status

are you still looking for a ford np-205?

11. tonto

tonto Registered Member

1HUGEONETON. YES I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A FORD NP205. WHAT IS THE INPUT AND OUTPUT SPLINE COUNT? DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT WOULD COST IN SHIPING TO GET IT TO OKLAHOMA? WANT 32-SPLINE COUNT AND FIXED YOKES.

12. bigbadburb

bigbadburb 1/2 ton status

ford married 205s are 31 spline but i think you can replace the input with a late model(81-91) th400 input